Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shironuri Fashion
I know this is a Fairy Kei forum but since they are both fashions from the Harajuku scene I thought I'd give a little introduction to the Shironuri make up style.

Shironuri, translated as Painted White, is the make up practice of adding French make up to classical Japanese Kabuki theater make up. I learned about it through an interview with a model named Minori on the Tokyo Fashion website. Below is a picture of Minori so you can get a better idea of what Shironuri might look like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

this looks awesome! I just think its hard to wear everyday, as its a bit too bold. But yea, thanks a lot for sharing! This definetly goes well with fairy kei.
What is this all about, if you live from day to day without any love for all the cute details?
(09-26-2018, 07:01 AM)Princess Wrote: this looks awesome! I just think its hard to wear everyday, as its a bit too bold. But yea, thanks a lot for sharing! This definetly goes well with fairy kei.

I couldn't wear it everyday and the model doesn't either. I think it's more like, it's fun to dress up in and that makes the wearer happy. So it's more like a once a week or a few times a month thing.